Interlibrary loan conditions
The following conditions apply to interlibrary loan requests:
- Only items not found in the catalogue may be requested so please remember to search the library catalogue first.
- A maximum of five interlibrary loans can be in process at any one time.
- Requested items can only be collected from Dandenong or Springvale Library and are not transferrable within the Libraries Victoria.
- There is no charge for interlibrary loans obtained from public libraries in Victoria, however, academic and private libraries charge a fee for lending their materials. Users will be notified beforehand if there is a fee.
- The library has no control over what other lending libraries may or may not lend, response times from lending libraries, loan conditions or length of loan periods.
Interlibrary loans have specific requirements. Please read the Resource Sharing Guidelines before completing the request.
Requesting an interlibrary loan
How to request an interlibrary loan:
- Login with a library card number and PIN.
- Select ILL Request from the drop-down menu.
Suggestions and purchase requests
Requests for recent publications should be requested via the purchase request form.